PTA News and Announcements
June 5, 6, 7
Yearbook sales during lunch
SpED Sip 'n Chat, 9:30, Panera Bread
8th Grade Commencement
5:00-6:30, Staples High School
|June 18||8th Grade Commencement|
Last Chance: Yearbook Sales
Wednesday June 5 - Friday, June 7, during lunch at BMS and SHS
CMS students will have one last chance to purchase a yearbook. To reserve your yearbook, bring in $35 cash or check (made payable to CMS). There will be limited yearbooks available. First come, first served. Sales will take place at Bedford Middle School and Staples High School during the CMS lunch wave.
Big thanks to the folks who have signed up to take orders!
End of Year Activities: Breakfasts, Ice Cream, Luncheon
Bedford annually runs some great student and faculty events that we traditionally have not - but this year, of course, would like to join in. And we neither budgeted for them nor ran any fundraisers. We need financial assistance.
During the last week of school, we are planning for grade level breakfasts, ice cream treats, and a last faculty luncheon.
We are so looking forward to celebrating with our students and staff!
Thank you for all your support - and thanks to the many who got the ball rolling!
Sports at Staples Info
VISIT STAPLES ATHLETICS TO REGISTER FOR FALL SPORTS
All fall sports begin August 29th, except football (Aug 19) and Cross Country Boys and Girls (Aug 22).
Don't miss out! (Yes, this means you!) ALL registrations will close on August 19th at midnight, except football which will close August 18 at midnight. No exceptions will be made to re-open registration until after the first try-out / practice for each sport.
Tryout information will be posted on a continuing bases at Staples Athletics
PLAN NOW! SCHEDULE A PHYSICAL IF YOU NEED ONE
Here's information to keep in mind to prepare for registration:
1. Parent/guardian and athlete must register together; students do not register alone as forms require parental/guardian consent
2. Have a valid physical examination on file in the school (Staples) nurse's office, forms appended or available HERE
Physical Examination Requirements:
- Prior to first tryout/practice, all prospective student-athletes are required to pass a physical exam by a physician
- Completed physical exam forms must be on file in the School Health Office prior to the first tryout/practice
- The exam in valid for 13 months, and must cover athletes for the entire sports season (including tryout period). Should the physical examination expire during the course of the sports season, the athlete will be required to be examined prior to the date of the physical examinations expiration, otherwise continued participation is prohibited.
8th Grade Boys: Waterpolo!
Water polo is one of the fastest growing sports in the US - and Staples Water Polo team invites you to join them! The team competes with top high school programs on the east coast. A strong swimming background is preferred but WILLINGNESS TO TRY A NEW SPORT AND BE A TEAM PLAYER is most important. Captain's practices for the Fall 2019 season typically begin mid-August. If you're interested in joining the team or learning more, contact Cathy Schots
Or, 8th Grade: Introduction to Staples Football!
NEW DATE: JUNE 6, 6:30pm, Staples Cafeteria
Questions: Contact Michelle Howard
Even if you don't play waterpolo, football, or any sport: how about some Staples Wrecker Ware!
Hey 8th Grade families! What better graduation gift could there be than some Staples Wrecker Wear?! We especially think you'll love the Spirit Shirt, which can be customized with your child's graudation year. There's lots more, too. Shop the
JOIN THE PTA
PTA Membership Registration is Open (security code "westport"
By joining, you are supporting our mission to enrich the educational life of our students and teachers, every day.
Useful Links to other PTA-Related Groups:
- Westport Public Schools | PTA Council
- Community - Bulletin Board
- PTA Council - Cultural Arts
- PTA Council - Health & Wellness
- PTA Council - PYD (Positive Youth Development)
- PTA Council - SpEd (Special Education)
- PTA Council - Workshop