Coleytown Wind Ensemble info sheet
The Wind Ensemble is the select group at CMS. It is an advanced level ensemble where students have the opportunity to perform many styles of music including, Classical, Jazz, and Popular selections. It is an extension of the Coleytown Music Program and will be comprised of select CMS 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Band, Orchestra, and Chorus musicians chosen through an audition process. Please note: students that would like to participate in this group must be enrolled in either Band , Orchestra, or Chorus.
The purpose of this ensemble is to provide a more advanced musical experience for a greater number of CMS musicians.
Schedule: Tuesday- 7:30 am to 8:00 am - Sectional rehearsals.
Thursday- 7:15 am to 8:00 am - Full Band rehearsal.
Student Responsibilities: The Stage Band is a select honors group. Its members are expected to:
• Participate in band, orchestra, or chorus, and maintain an A average.
• Demonstrate a commitment to their instrumental studies
• Attend all rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances.
• Practice ensemble music at home
• Be on time and prepared for all rehearsals with an instrument, music, pencil, and all necessary supplies
• Demonstrate self discipline and excellent behavior
Audition Information: All audition Information is Posted on Schoology including music. - sign up sheets for auditions will be posted next to Mr. Forgey’s office. Students must sign up if they want to audition.
CMS Wind Ensemble Auditions:
September 25,26,27,28 Audition sheet music
All auditions will be after school from 3pm to 4:30 pm.
Auditions take about 10 minutes, please arrive early.
Sign up sheets are next to Mr. Forgeys office)