Dear Families of Grade 6 Students:
Grade 6 Registration – Summer 2022
Thank you to all of you who have responded to this request, you are all set and have a nice summer!
Residency verification this year will be done via email. In addition to adding your child’s name to the subject line so that we can easily identify the family, WE ARE REQUESTING THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA BE REDACTED. THIS CAN INCLUDE ACCOUNT NUMBERS, DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ETC. FAMILY NAME, ADDRESS AND BILLING DATE IS THE INFORMATION WE ARE IN NEED OF.
Proof of online bill payment will be accepted, as long as it includes all information typically found on a bill (i.e. name, address, date). If this documentation is not available and you as parent/guardian are a resident of the Town of Westport, the Superintendent’s Office will assist you in establishing residency.
Residency Verification Fast Facts:
WHY: To ensure the accuracy of our student records
WHO: Parents or guardians of all students entering 6th grade*
WHEN: Now through July 31
WHAT TO SEND:
- Copy of driver’s license showing current Westport address
- A copy of a document establishing ownership or rental (real estate tax bill, mortgage statement, or lease/rental agreement signed by tenant and landlord, including landlord’s phone number)
- TWO current utility bills (cable television, water, electric, gas, oil – NOT cell phone bills)
HOW TO SEND:
- please add your child's name to the subject line of the email
- attach a scanned PDF or picture of documents
- attach scanned PDF or pictures of bills (as long as legible)
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, CALL: Marnie Eschert (341-1601), Janine Dominici (341-1607), Stacey Curran (341-1600) or Lisa Marriott (341-1026)
*Open Choice students and tuition-paying employee’s children are exempt from this process.