Physical Education and Health
Rick Quiricone Rich Courto Kate Petrella
Welcome to the CMS Physical Education web page. Our physical education program is diverse and affords our students numerous opportunities for learning and growth. Staff members are Ms. Petrella, Mr. Quiricone, and Mr. Courto.
- Kate Petrella -- email@example.com -- (203) 341-1619
- Rick Quiricone -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- (203) 341-1673
- Richard Courto -- email@example.com -- (203) 341-1618
Attire and other Requirements
Wear Active clothing to school including:
- Shorts or pants meant for exercise
- Crew neck T-shirt
- Apparel for colder weather (Sweatshirt/Jacket, winter hat, etc)
- Remove necklaces, watches, hoop/dangling earrings.
Refillable water bottle
You may be excused from PE for medical reasons by following these guidelines.
- Bring a note from home - if you need to be excused for one week or less
- Bring a note to the nurse from a doctor - if you will need to be excused for more than one week (followed by a note to return to activity)
Students will be assessed based off of the SHAPE America Physical Education Standards and grade level outcomes.
- Standard 1 - demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 2 - applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3 - demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4 - exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5 - recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.